Are Drug and Alcohol Rehab Costs Covered by Assurant Insurance?
More About Assurant Insurance & Rehab Coverage
For those in search of health insurance that will help offset or completely cover co-dependency rehabilitation and have Assurant Health Insurance will definitely need a co-insurance. Assurant Health Insurance offers what they call an, “innovative concept”, which basically provides you with a savings like account to be used for medical expenses such as rehab. They state: “benefits of this program include the money you deposit earns interest, and you don’t pay taxes on the money you deposit or the interest you earn. Interest rates are not listed. Assurant Health will provide a toll-free and confidential helpline that is part of a nationwide network of mental health, substance abuse specialists.”
For outpatient medical services you would pay a $200 deductible, while Assurant Health pays 80% of covered charges up to $500 per person per calendar year and you would pay remaining 20% of covered charges. For other non-surgical and non-facility inpatient services it would be considered under the inpatient per day maximum, this is where co-insurance is needed. Under pre-existing conditions are only covered after you have been continuously insured under this plan for 12 months. It would seem as though addiction rehab insurance coverage would fit under one of these categories, but once again, it’s complicated.
Assurant Health does note that numerous benefits are not covered through their plan, except where state mandates demand and include the following; charges incurred for drugs obtained outside of the United States, treatment of behavioral health such as mental and nervous disorders, substance abuse, illness or injury caused by war, charge of a felony, attempted suicide, control of an illegal substance, or a hazardous activity.
Assurant Health Plans provide limited benefits and all covered services are bound to calendar year maximums. The amount of benefits your receive depends on the plan you select, and the premium will vary with the amount of benefits. Always carefully read all coverage documents. For a complete listing of benefits, limitations and exclusions, contact an Assurant Agent.
Have Any Questions?
If there are any question regarding Assurant health coverage and drug/alcohol rehabilitation, contact the insurance company to get accurate and timely information. Their team of customer care representative will be glad to discuss the policy to help make the decisions easier.
Keep in mind that entering a facility within the Assurant network will be far less costly than one that is out-of-network.
In order for someone addicted to alcohol or drugs to overcome, there must be the proper support system in place. Rehabilitation centers along with Assurant gives each person a fighting chance at survival.
Learn about Blue Cross/Blue Shield rehab insurance coverage.
Take Step #1. Ask for Help.