Dangers of Ecstasy Addiction
Taking ecstasy will cause a decrease in an individual’s appetite, sleep and fluid intake while causing an increase in physical activity. This dangerous combination will result in severe dehydration that can lead to exhaustion and death! Some recreational users experience emotional and psychological damage such as: anxiety, psychosis, memory loss, panic attacks, and depression. Physiological effects include: dizziness, insomnia, nausea, gastrointestinal disturbances, aches and pains. Long-term ecstasy use can cause severe brain damage and memory loss.
MDMA is considered a Schedule I substance by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration. This classification means that ecstasy is not used for any medical purposes and that there is a high risk of ecstasy abuse.
Ecstasy Addiction Rehab
If an individual suffers an addiction to ecstasy, they can seek the assistance of Beachway Therapy Center. Here the individual will go through MDMA detox, counseling, and after care services. MDMA detox is when an individual completely stops the consumption of MDMA. The body will then go through a cleansing phase as it rids itself of the toxins produced from ecstasy overuse. During this period, the individual will experience unpleasant side effect and will need to be under the supervision of a medical professional. After the detox phase, the individual will undergo counseling directed by a professionally certified therapist in the field of substance abuse and recovery. There are two main types of counseling offered by ecstasy rehab centers: individual therapy and group therapy.
- Individual counseling is a one-on-one therapy session with an addiction treatment counselor. During these sessions, the therapist works to find the deep-rooted issues that may have been causing the addiction problem. Then they will provide healthy solutions on how to deal with those issues.
- Groups sessions requires meeting with other individuals who share the same addiction problem. During these meeting each person shares their stories with one another. Group counseling creates a supportive environment amongst each other and helps the addict feel understood and accepted.
After care services assists the recovering addict function in society after receiving treatment. There are many temptations that an addict will face such as pressure from friends, work stress, school stress, and marital and relationship problems that may cause the addict to relapse. After care services provides the addict with housing with other addicts, and counseling sessions to help deal with stress and triggers.
For more information on ecstasy addiction treatment, contact Beachway Therapy Center at 888-345-7505
Clients of Beachway Consistently Achieve Lasting Success
John P. from Baltimore said,
“I was surprised with the treatment methods at Beachway. The housing and therapeutic programs are far from medical based. I always felt comfortable and welcome.”
Anne F. from Orlando said,
“I have 7 years of sobriety and it all started at this amazing, wonderful, beautiful place. I loved it!!!!”
Stephanie A. from Dallas said,
“Best place in the world! If you want to get sober this is the perfect place.”
Be A Better You Through The Beachway Experience
What Makes Our Rehab Best?
- We average just 7 clients per therapist
- Guest alumni show the reality of recovery
- Our “Model of Recovery” is ideal for alcoholism
- We treat depression, too
- Folks from all walks of life are welcome
- Privacy and security are guaranteed
- You’ll never hear “what’s wrong with you
Take Step #1. Ask for Help.